LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
This thread has quickly transitioned from deflagration to detonation.:whoa:

d rockwell

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2001
93 Octane Pros vs Cons

WOW! What an entertaining thread! I think this is what happens when we're hanging around the house way too long waiting for spring! Cabin Fever? YEP! I'm going to go throw some junk around in my garage for now.........Happy Trails Dave

flapwick

Dec 30, 2008
Patman said:
I know you are but what am I?
Now THAT is funny and clever (I'm being sincere).
In the immortal words of the great prophet and seer Rodney King ".......................................OW,stop beating me!"
Oh wait ,wrong quote. I meant to say "Can't we all just get along".
Oh yeah,one more question.Can you direct me to a thread about octane ratings? I'm running lighter fluid in my 1997 KDX220 and it was pinging really badly for awhile. It stopped pinging all of a sudden after the ball of fire and everything....

flapwick

Dec 30, 2008
Thanks,Joe. I hate to ask a stupid question that has probably been answered a thousand times before,but... will the kerosene actually put out the fireball,or will it just keep it from growing any larger? I need to know pretty quickly,as it's getting harder to refuel with all the flames and melting plastic and such. AW Dang,my crotch is on fire.Gotta go.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Patman said:
Really please keep trying to pull me in...

Pull you in? You are the one who tossed the match, pal. :bang: We all bow to your expertise. You are one world class master baiter.

Come on now Pred, the question is about a KDX. (hint: it's a 2 stroke) Open your hole and share your wisdom. Ya can't let Pat have all the fun. :uh:

What kind of chain does the KDX have? It had better not be an O ring chain or you may incur the wrath of Jaybird.:yell:

Let's see how many more of the regular clique we can get to show their...... er.... intelligence. Come on kids, it's easy and FUN! Reminds me of Jr. High. But you'd better hurry, because they'll shut the thread down once they've had their say.

Hey......... does anyone know the top speed of my new four stroke MX bike? My neighbor's, butcher's, daughter's, hair dresser says his goes 150 MPH!!! :yikes:

Anyone here ride a Harley? Man... those guys are FAGS. :laugh:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
gwcrim said:
Come on now Pred, the question is about a KDX. (hint: it's a 2 stroke) Open your hole and share your wisdom. Ya can't let Pat have all the fun. :uh:
I did, silly. I said something about socks and roosters and monkeys and battleships and frogs. We still must find a cure for pancakes.
gwcrim said:
No, that's Mark "Cutback" Davis and Bob "Jungle Death" Gerrard. silly.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
gwcrim said:
Pull you in? You are the one who tossed the match, pal. :bang: We all bow to your expertise. You are one world class master baiter.

What kind of chain does the KDX have? It had better not be an O ring chain or you may incur the wrath of Jaybird.:yell:

Let's see how many more of the regular clique we can get to show their...... er.... intelligence. Come on kids, it's easy and FUN! Reminds me of Jr. High. But you'd better hurry, because they'll shut the thread down once they've had their say.

Hey......... does anyone know the top speed of my new four stroke MX bike? My neighbor's, butcher's, daughter's, hair dresser says his goes 150 MPH!!! :yikes:

You must be awefully bored.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Made ya' look!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Right on !!! Damn, I feel like I just walked out of a Fuel /Combustion Theory 101 class.....thanks Rich! Seriously man, it took 5 or 6 reads and a couple trips to my online reference page, but I really "get it".

Dec 4, 2023
WOW!!!! Just read through this entire thread and I have to say:
This is a whole lot of great Information, but a couple of you kind of got off topic towards the end there LOL. I love how intelligent people sometimes have such fragile EGOs, and I would know since I consider myself one of them... :P

The one thing I do know is that

DanSavage in my opinion gives the best Advice in the thread so far. (just my personal Opinion)​

Personal Favorite Quote: Opinions are like ***holes, Everyone has them, and they all stink.. except mine of course! LOL

Thanks for posting a great discussion to All

2 Much BRAAAP, Makes Bones go SNAAAP! (another favorite Quote) (although not sure of it's origin)

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Old thread, with lots of info. But a couple things I didn't see mentioned. One the way most pump gas companies modify their gas to change octane, generally makes lower octane burn hotter and faster, thereby making slightly more power. This has no relationship to how octane in race gas or even good quality gas preform.
But the more important thing, as on the KTM 2stroke owners manual, different octane gas require different premix ratio. With the reccomend Motorex oil KTM should use 60:1 with 85 octane gas, but 40:1 with 89 octane gas. With most regular being 87, well i'll let you figure that out. So if you run 60:1 but use higher octane gas, the bike might not be getting enough oil.

Now of course the premix ratio you use should always be within the range of what the oil manufacture specifies.

Top Bottom