93 xr250L rear fender swap and ect.with xr250r

joe265

Feb 13, 2005
Hey i was wondering if i could put the rear fender off the xr250r on the xr250L and just use the tail light that comes with the xr250r fender. I would also like to know what body parts are interchangable between these two bikes mainly the rear fender and the gas tank, because this one is steel and i would like to put the plastic one on it that comes on the xr250r mostly because this one is pretty dented up and i would rather replace it with the plastic, I'am just not sure if the mounting for the tank and the seat are the same between the two models. Thanks for all your help.......Vic

B

biglou

It seems like most everything would be interchangeable with little or no modification. I bet ol89'r knows, but I would say that it should be a snap.

poi-dog

Jul 28, 2002
The plastics(fenders,side panels) will work. The (R)s tank will not be a bolt on deal, they are mounted differently. Though it could be made to work w/ a bit of mounting fabrication & welding. But IMO it's not worth the trouble. Best bet is to just buy a plastic xr250(L)replacement from www.clarkemfg.com The beauty of clarkemfg is that you have quite a selection of colors you can choose from.

If I recall correctly the (R) side panels are alittle shorter length wise than the (L)s, but does use the same mounts. Guess the (L)s are longer to cover the battery/electrics on the left side.

Top Bottom