aaronw425

May 30, 2007
I bought a cheep bike from a guy who I hope never ever is allowed to use any tool again in his life. I just wanted to ride again after a 10 year break. well i fixed ALL his f ups except one that i can't figure out. THE CLUTCH! i took it apart because it wasn't working right. he did tell me he put new plates in so i figured i'd open it up and put it together right. well i looked at the schematic on bike bandit and everything is there and properly assembled but for some reason i can only fit 13 of the 15 plates in the basket. it needs 15 for the push rod to work. do the friction plates swell or something when they are wet? any suggestions?

Any help would be great....... i wanna ride! :cool:

biznizzle60

May 28, 2007
Honestly I would make sure you have the right basket, frictions, and everything, cuase it sounds like that guy had no clue what he was doing. Is it Aftermarket or OE?? Dont put it on the bike, until you know that you have the right clutch.

renes

Apr 7, 2002
There are two thick washers on either side of the basket. One is thicker then the other. Make sure you have them in the right spots.

aaronw425

May 30, 2007
biznizzle60 said:
Honestly I would make sure you have the right basket, frictions, and everything, cuase it sounds like that guy had no clue what he was doing. Is it Aftermarket or OE?? Dont put it on the bike, until you know that you have the right clutch.

he did buy another YZ250 engine off **** and use it for parts but i'm not sure what year.

aaronw425

May 30, 2007
renes said:
There are two thick washers on either side of the basket. One is thicker then the other. Make sure you have them in the right spots.

i got those right because they have different inside diameters and only go in one place.

aaronw425

May 30, 2007
UPDATE

I got it to work with 13 disks. took it for a ride bit it really hard on some railroad tracks and stripped the splines on the shift lever. my elbow is all bloody. lol it was a horrible first ride but i wanted to see if the clutch worked. it did! well until i took it out to my friends house this weekend. it kept coming un-adjusted?? almost like the discs were seating or something. well i didn't feel like opening it up yet to see what was going on. i guess we'll see what happens........ update later.

Top Bottom