tnrandy

May 9, 2007
Hi all, new to the forum, hopefully you can help.

I have a 94 CR125 I just purchased. When idling around, doing some trail riding the carb loads up, like it's flooding. If you run the bike hard it runs just fine, but when we are just easing around it won't idle and misses a lot until you get the excess fuel burnt out. I've taken the carb off and cleaned it but it still does the same thing. Is it possible it has been rejetted? If so, can someone tell me the stock jet numbers and which may cause this problem? I'd like to check and see if I have stock jets. Thanks for you help and any suggestions you may have..
Randy

Sicc1

Apr 14, 2007
I would pull the pilotjet out and see what you got.Then go buy the next few sizes down and start downsizing 1 by 1 till your happy.Also check your airscrew see where your at and you can try leaning that out also.Loosen it to lean it,atleast thats how it is on the mikuni not so sure on the keihn but should be the same.

Basically your first step would be go down 1 size on the pilot and maybe a half turn (looser) on yor airscrew and see how that works for ya.

tnrandy

May 9, 2007
HAYSHAKER170 said:
Check your float level and float valve seal. That could cause a rich condition also.
I did notice fuel running out the overflow the other day too. When I had the carb off, I adjusted the float and this did seem to stop the fuel from running out, but it did not change the fact it still ran rich.

I think the main jet was stamped 176, does anyone know if this is the stock jet?

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
If the carb has the choke knob that you turn to adjust the idle, adjust it so the bike barely idles, this will help with the loading up. Otherwise, pull the clutch in and rev the bike some every once in a while and get on it at every possible opportunity on the trails, this is what I have to do.

tnrandy

May 9, 2007
76GMC1500 said:
If the carb has the choke knob that you turn to adjust the idle, adjust it so the bike barely idles, this will help with the loading up. Otherwise, pull the clutch in and rev the bike some every once in a while and get on it at every possible opportunity on the trails, this is what I have to do.

Yeah, this is what I'm doing now, but it smokes so bad and misses until it burns the excess fuel, no one wants to ride behind me.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
That's pretty quick, but try turning the black knob on the carb down until the bike idles only for a second or two, then see if the bike still loads up. If it does, then start chasing down jetting or carb problems. After doing the idle adjustment, double check the float level and inspect the needle valve and seat for dirt or wear.

Top Bottom