svttodd

Jan 14, 2005
I am looking at buying a 1994 Husqvarna 360 motocrosser as a fun woods bike. I want to know if parts are available for the early/mid 90's Husky 360's. Stuff like plastic, graphics, and internal parts. I have always been a huge Husky fan. The first dirtbike that I ever saw hauling butt in person/up close was a 1980-something Husky, and the image has stuck in my head forever. I have a 2003 KX250 as my main bike, but I may buy this 360 Husky as a second bike if I know that parts are available. I have found many sites for current Huskys, and many for vintage Huskys, but very little for the 1990's Huskys. Does anyone know about parts availability, clubs that support the mid 90's bikes, and/or more info on these bikes? HELP! Thanks. -Todd

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
I have a 95' WXC250 (same bike other than cylinder and piston i belive). Parts can be had, but often will need to be special ordered and can take a while to come in. In my experence engine and most hard parts are easy to come by, but plastics and year specific stuff like oem graphics have to be special ordered (and usually back ordered). I've been told that the plastics off the newer (one generation older than the current) husky's fit these bikes without modifications and are much more easily obtained. I've found the bike to be excelent in every respect (other than not haveing a local dealer). The quality and design are much better than most similar bikes from japan imo (and I have plenty of them as well). Little things like zerk fittings for the linkage bearings make life soo much easier:)

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
Oh, forgot to mention. The majority of parts that you need fairly often can be gotten without resorting to oem husky stuff. The suspension components are showa and use the same replacement parts (seals, bushings etc) as any jap bike with 43mm showa forks (like a 92 CR for example), the brakes use the same pads as many euro bikes and replacements are very easy to get from most anywhere. Wisco makes top ends, Uni makes air filters etc.

svttodd

Jan 14, 2005
Thanks 'bilepilot'. You confirmed what I had heard elsewhere about hard parts being out there and somewhat interchangable. I was mainly worried about plastics and graphics because I hadn't seen any out there on the 'net. Do you know exactly what year and model plastics are interchangable?

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
The 1999 bodywork (and whatever other years have the same body style) is supposed to be a direct bolt on. I haven't tried this, but a team husqvarna mechanic I met at the USGP at budd's creek in 2000 told me it would and I suspect he knows his stuff. Here's a pic of what you are looking for. You can still get the graphics and plastics from a husky dealership, it just might take a while. The nice thing about the newer rad shrouds is they are narrower and make the bike feel slightly better.
49_1_b.JPG

Apr 14, 2005
My dad has a 1993 Husky 360 WXC, and that thing is a freaking rocketship! scary fast, for sure..

Parts arn't a problem really.. We have a husky dealer about an hour from our house, they've always been able to get what we need.

Great info about the interchangable plastics! :cool:

Top Bottom