94 Kdx200

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Hi guys (and gals),
I found a 94 KDX200, and I'm seriously considering buying it. I'm just wondering if there's any weak points on the bike that I should be looking into. Thanks,
Speedy

kxjet

Jul 31, 2004
A friend of mine has had his 94 for about 6 years now. The bike is very mechanically sound. The only time he has to break out the tools for major maintenence is when he crashes it, to replace handle bars or levers. But other than that he has nothing but good things to say when it comes to his KDX200. If its in good shape I would buy it. Wish I could find a good used one out here.

Karbon_Dunn

Jun 4, 2004
I have two '93 KDX's that I bought this year from a farmer who had them sitting in the garage for a few years since his son's left. My previous bike was also a '93. I have never had any issues mechanically/structually with these bikes as long as they are maintained properly like KXJet stated.

My bike is in the air more from me ragady andying off if it than of actually riding it though the air and have had no major damage since most of my riding is in clay/rock wooded trials.I love the USD forks on the E5's. I think that is why I have kept the same year/model KDX.

If it is the right price don't pass it up.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
the suspension linkage bearings are often overlooked, and commonly wear out

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Specifically the 94 KDX200. There's one for sale in the area, and it seems to be in really good shape. I'm not really comparing it to anything, although I do currently ride an XR200R, and have also considered getting an XR250R. The one thing I did find with the bike was the brakes pretty much sucked, I think the drum brakes on my 200 worked better.

r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
When I picked up my 90 KDX200 the brakes were barley working. I replaced the pads (EBC) and gave the disks a good clean with a wire brush.

I changed the fluid as well.

Not that ive ridden the bike yet (see previous posts) but it looks like i will be the new stoppie king :)

Aug 3, 2004
i jus bought my first dirtbike, it was also a 94 kdx200, and i must say that i havnt had any troubles with it other than the ones i caused for myself lol.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…