Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
I found someone local that has a 1994 RM 125 for sale, and the bike is in good condition, but needs the head and cylinder (they are missing so I have to buy one). The bottom end seems fine. He is asking $200 for it, but I might trade him my electric guitar for it since I dont use it anymore. I have searched ebay for a head and cylinder, but cant find one. Is there any place where I can buy one, and around how much will this cost??

aaronnaland

Jan 19, 2009
Bike Bandit says about 700 before tax for the cylinder and head but you need gaskets and probaly little other parts that go on the cylinder. Plus there is a few different cylinders for that year so you will need to find out which one you need. If i where you and i was getting a new cylinder i would also get a new piston kit because old pistons could have damage and slowly wear the cylinder. A new one would just be better. And if its missing those parts you cant hear it run or try it so it could have more problems in parts like the carb and cdi.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
Run like hell...take it from someone who bought a $400 fixer that ran and now I have a grand in a 1982 RM 125. Of course, it has alot of new parts.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
Just thought of something else, what about the reed cage and the carb, are they missing also? You would need to buy a new piston and top end bearing. You wont know if the bottom end is fine unless you tear it apart. If you are patient, you can find cylinders and heads on Ebay from time to time...that would be the only way I would even consider the project. Other than that, I stand by my first reply.

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
well dang that sucks I guess. It does have the reed and carb and all that, its only missing the cylinder and head. I know it would be hard to tell if the bottom end is ok, I did check the rod and there is no vertical play in it and the crank spins freely. It sucks I wont be able to find those parts for cheap. It would probably take me 10 years to find those parts on ebay.

Well now i am bummed out. :(

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
Ok so I was on Eric Gorrs (sorry if I spelled it wrong) website, and I went to his "garage sale" link of the parts he had for sale earlier this year. He has two cylinders and heads, and he says it fits a RM 125, from 1991 to 1995.

So if I do buy the bike, will a cylinder from let say a 91' rm 125, fit this 94??

Because according to his website, both used stock cylinders he has for sale will fit between a 91-95.... which would make searching for one MUCH easier

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
There IS a phone number for Eric. Give him a call in the morning, I'm sure he'll be happy to tell you what will work.

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
_JOE_ said:
There IS a phone number for Eric. Give him a call in the morning, I'm sure he'll be happy to tell you what will work.
Will do, I left him an email Saturday, but I got no response yet. I will call tomorrow and find out.

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
Sweet, so I called Eric (very nice guy btw) and asked him about the cylinder and head. He told me I can fit between 1990-1996 cylinder and head on this bike, so finding a cylinder and head should be MUCH easier.

After I find one I will send it off to Eric to be rebored and plated or sleeved whichever route I go.

Top Bottom