94 Wr 250

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
I had a 94 wr. It was a plug fouler so i put a YZ carb on it. I als had the head milled to change the squish angle as the thing had a definite PING to it. After those 2 mods they bike literally ripped. I was still pulling holeshots with it at MX tracks fully loaded with the woods gear through 1998. I did 1 top end in 4 years and rode the begeezus out of it. Enduros, MX, hare scrambles, you name it. Very durable machine.

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
My brothers 95 ate plugs also untill we rejetted and changed to the 97 ignition. My 97 didnt foul plugs. It did ping once in a while but so does my 02 YZ 250 on occasion. I mostly run 50/50 mix of pump and race gas in them.

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Cool. It seems all the WR's used Mik Round Slides, and the YZ's used Flat slides. It's good to hear your ignition upgrade solved the problem. I will change this out first. If I change to a flat slide it will probably be a PWK.

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Finally picked up the WR last weekend. NICE bike! I rode it back east despite the fact that the tires are nearly bald. She started right up, and after a test ride it was obvious that the thing was way rich on the pilot. I threw in a B7 to temporarily help the problem and it rode fine all weekend. I don't mind the tank size at all. It fits very similar to my 93 KDX, and I was quite suprised to see that it is smaller all the way around when compared to a 95-up KDX much less a 200-250 EXC. It's a bit touchy getting on the pipe I think mainly due to the rich pilot (IE slight 4stroking, then BAM!) As mentioned by you guys 1st gear is a bit tall for tight stuff, but it still preformed fairly well--I couldn't get this thing topped out in 5th even on the road. I had the same complaint when riding a 99 250exc. THis bike has real nice power...Smoothed out a bit it will be amazing. I think correct jetting, new tires, and different gearing is all this bike is going to need for me to be happy w/ it. In fact I think this might just be my favorite bike to date. Thanks for all your info!!!

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
BTW, this thing already has a Mikuni TM on it. I was glad to see it not equipped w/ the old round-slide type Mik. After looking at this carb I noticed it has what's called a "starter" jet. Can someone please provide some input as to which circuit this jet mainly affects? It looks like it's an idle-only type of jet, but how does this transition into the pilot? IE starter-->pilot-->main?

Thx...

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
How do you like your 03 KX? I hear they are supposed to be the poop in the woods as far as close-ratio bikes go!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…