fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Hi All.  I just did a top end on this bike and removed the clutch cable to do so.  I went ahead and installed a motion pro terminator cable.  My problem is after reassembly I have no clutch action.  I can pull the cable in--the acutator moves--and stays in.  It's almost like I lost a return spring, but there was never one on there, and the microfische doesn't show one. 

At any rate, any ideas?  What causes the clutch return/resistance on this clutch?  I'm going to tear it down, but would rather not as I don't think the problem is inside...

THANKS!

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I had to put a nylon spacer between the case and the end of the clutch cable on my 97 yz after using the MP cable. Mine is about 3/8" long.

The spacer goes right against the cable end where it touches the plastic case. It was almost as if the outside cable sheath was too short.

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Duh. I'm a dumbass. After the full teardown, etc I found that ferrule on the bench (Whas is this?) and put it in 'misc parts' bin. LOL. Thanks for pulling my head out of my rear--it works fine now!

-Fuzzy

Top Bottom