95 cr250 Fork spring dimensions?

englee1

Sep 13, 2009
Hi All, I'm new to this site & hoping for some help.

I recently purchased a 95 cr250r and today replaced the leaking fork seals. I noticed that one of the previous owners had replaced the stock springs with Eibach 989.024.0C (at least that's whats stamped on the springs).
The bike came with a bunch of new parts including new-in-package fork springs (looks like OEM).

Since I am 200+ lbs, I figured that now (while I'm doing the seals) it would probably be a good time to upgrade / replace the springs.

The new-in-package springs are about 2 inches longer than the Eibach ones & have a noticeable taper on one end.
My question: Can anyone provide the dimensions on what the fork springs should be for this bike.

Thanks in advance.

englee1

Sep 13, 2009
Thanks Pete, I did search their site & the springs that are currently in the forks are the proper ones (at least dimensionally). Although I couldn't find the part number (on their site) that is etched on them.
I guess the part number may have been updated / changed.

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
OK , I dug out an old catalog. Eibach springs for the 95 cr250 are 989 series
springs for the 92 thru 94 cr250 are 987 series

so a .43kg/mm spring part number would be 989.043.1

your part number seems to have the rate listed in pounds per inch instead of kg/mm
989.024.0C
24.1 pounds per inch would be a .43kg/mm spring

englee1

Sep 13, 2009
Makes sense.

I rebuilt the forks this weekend, new seals, bushings, o rings, Mobil 1 ATF, & used the old Eibach springs.
Wow, now the front end feels great.

Thanks for your help & response. :cool:

Top Bottom