95 cr250 REBUILD-NEED CRANK REBUILD INFO.

rcers

Jan 17, 2001
My friends 95 cr250 shattered a piston and drove it threw the bottom of the case!!!! We just tore it down and it actualy busted a whole the size of a half-dollar in the bottom of the cases(both of them)Aparently piston parts got wedged between the crank throws and the cases.The crank checks ok on v-blocks with a indicator,but it had to take one heck of a blow to bust the cases.
My question is,where can I get the best price on a crank rebuild job.My friend just play rides and is on a budget.New case halfs are $215.00 per side,we need to cut costs on everything we can.THANKS FOR ANY INFO. YOU CAN PROVIDE.
Bob,E.:(

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
rcers.

If the big end bearing is not contaminated with piston pieces, the crank may be ok. In regard to the cases, check around to see if there is a welding shop in your area that can re-weld (heli-arc) your cases. Find one that has experience with motorcycle parts. Check with Eric Gorr, he may know someone close.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
If it does come down to where you need to replace the crank Wiseco makes a hot rod kit with the crankshaft and rod installed on it. I've seen it in my Denniskirk magazine for like $200 or so.

Top Bottom