95 KDX 200 muffler question

teton

Dec 13, 2000
Im back ! Riding a KDX agian that is ! I bought a 95 200, came with lots of extra's and Im not sure about some of the stuff that I have so please bear with me while I get caught up to the presnt times for the right stuff.
The bike came with three S/A combo's, 2 FMF units and an Aserbis o35 (I think) its all black and very light weight, made of some sort of fiber or plastic. Question is, which S/A is the better one ? It currently has a FMF pipe, not sure the model.
All facts, answers and tidbits wii be helpful !!
Thanks, Bob:confused:

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
The Acerbis 035 is a very very tough silencer and is quite quiet. Ya its plastic and like you said light. You can't go wrong with any of the silencers in your pile.

To check your pipe have a look at the mounting tab that runs vertically near the kick-starter. K_-30 is a rev pipe and K_-35 is a torque pipe. The number could be on either side of the tab.

David

teton

Dec 13, 2000
As far as the S/A's go, looks like I have 1- Turbine core FMF, 2-ISDE's, and the 0-35, have 2 FMF pipes, 1- k_-35 and the pipe on the bike I cant fine the #, the k_-35 says FMF fatty on the side where the other just says Gold series.
I cant find any markings on the motor, I guess if I want to find out if there has been any porting is to open it up or send it out.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
So you have at least one torque pipe. I'm going to guess the other is likely a rev pipe, there's no sense buying two of the same profile pipe. You'll be able to tell by comparing the two pipes. The torque pipe is physically smaller than the rev pipe. The rev pipe is much fatter through the body of the pipe. If the second pipe looks the same you have two torque pipes, if its fatter/larger you have a rev pipe.

Sounds like you've got lots of extra silencers LOL.

David

Top Bottom