ksnowdog

Jul 12, 2002
Hi everyone,

My kickstarter broke off yesterday, no dealer seems to stock that part and they want $85-97 for it. I haven't had any luck finding an aftermarket part. I figured these things broke enough that aftermarket would have something or at least the dealer would have it in stock, but no luck so far.
Does anyone know if a kickstarter from a different model would bolt up and work or should I stop trying to be a cheapskate and order the part from the dealer?
Thanks in advance.
PS - I did do a search on the site with no luck
PPS - I wish this site didn't have "chat" somewhere in the address, cuz our filters at work keep me from coming here!!

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
Check out the original Canadian Dave's KDX site ,there is a link to it at the top of this forum by Fred T(every kdx rider should read this),he has a mod for a KDX/KX combo,looks a little more compact and works well. :thumb:

ksnowdog

Jul 12, 2002
Thanks for the replies, I needed one quick and bought from the dealer, oh well!
Dang, I sure wish I could check this place out from my work computer, I guess I should be working anyway!

Houndog

~SPONSOR~
Oct 11, 2002
I ordered a Fredette kick starter when my oem broke, but I was able to weld the oem and use it until my new parts showed up (it should be a worthy spare). Make sure you get a new 'knuckle' as well, Jeff can supply that also.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom