master-t

Jun 24, 2001
Just bought this off a buddy the other day. Noticed a bit of a knock around the engine...thought it was maybe the plastic rattlin er something but, sound like the engine. However, he says it's always been like that.

Was wondering if this is just the way the 95's kinda sound or if it's a common problem? Or of course, needs rebuilt.

Also got oil coming out of my exhaust joint.

Thanks

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
At idle with the clutch disengaged the 95 to 01 KDXs sound like there's Diesel idling off in the distance. This is normal. You can quiet it down by adding oil to the top of the sight glass.

The oil you are talking about is commonly known a spoog. It's the left overs from incomplete combustion. If it's leaking from where the pipe enters the cylinder remove the pipe, replace the o-rings, run a bead of silicone around the o-rings and reinstall.

If its leaking from where the silencer and pipe come together remove the silencer and insure the blue rubber gasket is installed properly, one side has a smaller od that the other. You might also consider using some silicone in this area as well.

Good luck with your KDX,

David

master-t

Jun 24, 2001
Spooge

So then the "spooge" is normal, just not normally leaking out of the exhaust? I'll take it apart and see if I can seal it.

Thanks for the tip Dave!:cool:

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Excessive spooge is normally associated with overly rich jetting. Depending on how much spooge you are seeing you might consider fine tuning the jetting. Many properly tuned bike will produce little or no spooge once completely wormed up.

I'd take the time to check your jetting and do some fine tuning if required. Check out the carb tuning section on the JustKDX web page for details.

David

Top Bottom