metalsmith

Feb 10, 2003
Hey gang-

First posting here. Hope you guys can set me straight with this bike.
I got it three and a half years ago. It was a repo auction deal that someone got and gave up on, sold it to me real cheap. Couldn't resist.
It was sold as a rolling chassis as I was going to use the suspension for another bike project. The thing was soooo close though, I figured I could just order the parts and make it happen. That's when I found out how dismal the factory support for these is in the US. I ended up tracking down the previous owner and got the rest of the bike. Or at least all he had left of it, at least I got the top end from him.
I packed the motor up and headed up to Craig Hanson's place up in Chico and handed it off to him. He did his full house deal, fitted a new piston waved his magic wand over the cam and valves, designed an exhaust system for it and handed it back. At this point I'm not sure that all the electricals are there.
Is there some palce on the web where I can download a wiring diagram for it? Does someone here have one and can scan and email it to me?

Also, I never got the stock carb for it. I have a 40mm and have heard it can be used, but want to get it jetted at least close before I try to run it. If 40mm is too much for it, I'd be interested in trading for something more appropriate.

And I'm also interested in hearing about the frame geometry of this bike.
Is it one of the long legged desert bike type bikes or does the R/XC have more of a woods bike setup?

Looking forward to hearing back from y'all on this one.

Thanks-

Top Bottom