95' WR360 project bike - Info wanted :-)

dirty husky

May 22, 2007
Hi Guys, I have just picked up a project bike for myself. Its a 95 WR360. Im after all the information I can get on this year bike. I have owned a 99WR250 in the past and it appears to be an almost identical construction chassis wise. I plan to completly strip the bike down and rebuild. Is there anything to look out for with this model? Any known problems? Even though its an old model I hope to get it reliable enough to take bush.
Any input is appreciated
cheers

dirty husky

May 22, 2007
surely someone must have some info? I have read that the kick start gear can work its way loose and cause some trouble, anyone????

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
It is a shame, but there was a huge, informative thread here about that bike. The entire thread was deleted due to some bad apples.

Chris

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I would be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Send me an email to cujet at aol dot com.

Chris

dirty husky

May 22, 2007
yeah, I posted the same thread over at thumper talk and was told to come across to here beacuse of a big thread on the 360 but It appears to have gone. Any chance of the mods cleaning it up and putting it back?

timmae 360

Sep 25, 2006
You will need to be careful as when the bike is complete you will find that the TE will gather dust as you roost around all day on the 360 :laugh:
I have the 96 model and the only thing I have not done is the rear spokes and steering head bearings, but now it's damn reliable and fast, I used the FMF gnarly and turbine coreII silencer, got the jetting spot on, a light clean up of the exhaust port and she's away.

dirty husky

May 22, 2007
How did you go finding parts timmae? I have been hunting around but there doesn't seem to be many parts around for the older huskys especially the 360.

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
dirty husky said:
...I have been hunting around but there doesn't seem to be many parts around for the older huskys especially the 360.
Same problem here. I'm afraid to fall over on my bike because if I break something (on the bike), I won't be able to replace the part!
Mercifully, most of the engine and frame parts are interchangable with later year models. You would just have to research the part you're looking for to see if you could get it off, say, a 2003 360.

timmae 360

Sep 25, 2006
dirty husky said:
How did you go finding parts timmae? I have been hunting around but there doesn't seem to be many parts around for the older huskys especially the 360.

Parts are easy to source, Jaydee motorcycles in Gisbourne Vic wreck husky's, not that you will need much, nothing ever breaks on them except for consumables, lever's cables etc and all are readily available, Plastics are available too (Genuine).

Parts are pretty much interchangeable from 92-98 and 1999 to 02.
Best bike ever HUSKY should still make them :coocoo:

Top Bottom