Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Greetings, was wondering what the any thought are on a 96 360 exc KTM? I found one in my area that is in good shape, new engine work a year ago, some scrach plastic but overall very good cond. Also has PC pipe and spark arrestor. I ride trails and no motox, so for 850.00 I thought this would be a good weekend warrior bike. Any thoughts? If i get it I will probably get suspension redone with stiffer springs eventually. I appreciate any info.

ComradeMikhail

Mi. Trail Riders
May 2, 2005
You can get some parts on denniskirk.com.. It looked like a good bike (I know because I threw a bid in in the last minute :P). Bikebandit.com may have some too.

ComradeMikhail

Mi. Trail Riders
May 2, 2005
Nah, I'm good. I wound up getting a YZ250 for $500 anyways :P. Have fun with that bike, it looked pretty decent besides the fact that the side panel is gone. Note: The side panel is around $40 at dennis kirk for 2 of them.

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
yeah well i had to do some slight work on her tonight, got a lot of things already fixed. Remounted the pipe, did some welding and fab on her, put new chain on. went over most of it, i got him to take 8 for it. So just going to keep on some stuff, have to find chain roller and cover for the swing arm thou. need to give it some tlc.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
A GREAT bike for your intended application. The PC pipe should have addressed the major flaw of the 360 (it used a 250 pipe). You may want to look at a carb spacer if it doesn' have one and depending on your right leg and if it has the #1 or #5 (I think that's the number) head casting you might want a decompression hole modification. If it blows through the fork travel too fast for your taste check with Jeremy Wilkey at MXTech, he's got a modification that mimics the KTM works fork of that era and it ROCKS! Parts will be a little bit of a wait but should be pretty obtainable. The ignition might be the weak point but if it's working leave it alone. If it dies there are options.

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Patman, yeah this bike has a lot of compression and was wondering about what this is all about far as the relation of carb spacer. I had the bike blow air out from it before the last 2 times I started it. This thing is like kicking over my old 250 motox bike.
Also trying to determine if I need to lean out the bike. Seems it could run a little crisper, but I have not had a chance to get it really opened, but any info would be great or what I should search for here in DRN. Thanks.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Plug "KTM 360" into the search under the KTM & Euro forum and you'll find lots of good info.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom