egmike

Apr 20, 2006
So I picked up this 96 Cr and the guy said the bike needed top end work. He said It was running proir to him taking the cylinder off and said the bike had no power. I got the bike home and have redone top end and that is fine but when disassembling bike I found a bolt from the stator loose inside the cover and the flywheel was beat to a snot cause of it. The pick up on the flywheel is almost wore off. I tested coil and it is good on another bike and stator measures within spec of resistance it should have. There is no damage to it.

Here is some pics of my flywheel

Would this cause me to not have any spark? or some spark at least ?

Flywheel_1.JPG

Flywheel_2.JPG

Flywheel_3.JPG

Last edited:

egmike

Apr 20, 2006
Yeah I hope that is all that it is, I bought another flywheel on e*ay and should be hear in a week or so. Hopefully that fixes my problem, if not I'm gonna gues the cdi is screwed also as stator seems to make voltage when I spin the old magneto on it.

egmike

Apr 20, 2006
Well I changed flywheel and still no spark, I looked closer at the stator and there are two separate pieces of metal that should be evenly spaced apart and the little plasitic tabs were broke off so one had moved and was touching the other. I spaced em apart and epoxy'ed them in place and I have spark now... I got it running also - this thing is way snappier than my kx is !

Top Bottom