DV8OR

Apr 9, 2007
I just picked up a CR80 that need some TLC.
Currently I am working on the carb sorting out a flooding problem. I have a couple questions I hope some one can answer for me:
1. What is the size, make and model of the stock carb? I think mine may not be stock
2. What is the stock main and pilot jet sizes
3. What is the stock float height and do you measure it from the top of the float bowl base to the highest point on the float?
4. Stock air/fuel mix screw setting/turns?

Just an FYI here is my problem. I can start it and it will idle but as soon as I give it any gas it dies, warm or cold.. I pulled the plug and it was sopping wet. I checked the reeds and they seem ok and I checked to compression (130psi) not so great but it should be ok to run. Since the plug was very wet I am assuming it is flooding out. Air/Fuel mixture screw is 2 turns out (did not know where to start), the current main jet is a is a 125 and the pilot is a 55 which according to bikebandit are right in the middle of the range of available OEM jets so once again I am assuming that this is ok. The only two things I can't verify with out a shop manual are carb size and float height and how to measure (Keihins measure differently than Mikunis).

If anyone has a OEM 1996 Honda CR80 (don't think it is an "expert") manual in pdf form can you please let me know.

Thanks for any help

Zipp0

Registered
Mar 5, 2007
I have a 1989 CR80 manual which should be pretty damn close, if not the same. I can email you the carb stuff if you want. I'll just scan it for you.

Z

Top Bottom