KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
I bought a set of these and am going to try them on my KTM. Have some questions. I have never had a set of twin-chambers apart.

What differences are there in these older conv models versus the newer ones. (not refering to the conv vs inverted design, i'm talking internal changes).

Did they have any glaring flaws?
What year bushings/hardparts are the same.
Oil measurement is done by CC / fliud amount....how much?(range)
Info on disassembly....internal construction basically the same as the newer stuff? Can I just use the mx-tech download for the later model to get by? :uh: :think:

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Lew,
These babys are werid and really need some special tools that ESP has pretty cheap.. While its posible without them, I would never want to EVER, and I know you know the value of the right tools.. They can be trashed in about 1 secound when you go to put the lower spring set if its not allined with the oil lock and they actually are set buy ht not volume.. See if you can get those tools and then lets talk..

Jer

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
OK Jer, thank you!

I have the wrench for the cap and the rod "fork" coming. Does ESP have a web site? I finally broke down and got a cell-phone so if you want to talk send me a message and I'll give you my number.
ktmlew@yahoo.com

Glad to have you back. I haven't put 100 miles on the shock.......work and family illness have kept me off the bike. I'm now back in WV and operating my own Auto repair business. NO PRESSURE and have someplace to work on my pet projects. I'll do the clamped mid-valve update on the WP this winter and try to see how they compare to the conv Showa's. I really prefer conv forks for my tender wrists. (wimp)

Top Bottom