MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I took out my lil bro's RM 125 and rode it hard on an MX track. To orginal owners of the bike or someone who knows what color is the stock/OEM spring? The one that is on it now is purple with two little green dots on the bottom of the spring. I thought this told ya or was a way to figure out what the spring rate is (pervious owner claims they installed stiffer spring, I doubt it). This bike is used so I know it's in need of a rebuild, It was blowing threw the low speed comp alittle to easy. When it bottoms out it's not harsh feeling I think the oil is just worn out.

Now to my 2nd question how hard would it be just to change the oil in the shock? Could I do it with just basic tools? I have never done this myself but it can't be that hard, I think if someone told me what steps are needed I could do it. I know you have to first bleed the nitrogen out and start with the nut on the resivor, once this is removed the oil should come out, or give me access to the drain bolt? I could maybe refill it this way or am I just thinking wishfully.

minutz

Feb 6, 2000
all info is listed on Mx-Tech web site under downloads,
its not that hard but some special tools and a nitrogen
tank with a regulator are needed. It being a 95 it will
most likley need a seal head and piston band, do yourself
a favor and have it done professionaly.

Top Bottom