bquiker

May 6, 2004
96 rm125 blows oil out top of head---correction top of exhaust valve

i've got two questions that maybe someone out here can answer. first is probably pretty simple. my 96 rm125 blows oil out of where the exhaust valves are. there is a small circular vent (i guess thats what it is) . i find oil after i ride really hard every time. i usaully keep it high on the pipe in the power band in second and third gear. the track we have is about 1/4 and very technical so i rarely get out of 3rd besides maybe on our one straight were we have about a 50 ft double. i put new rings and prolite piston in not long ago. i don't think it's the rings but how else could i be getting this blow by or were is the oil coming from? this hole is about an 1/8 in round. now it did have a brass fitting in it that tapered the hole down to about a 1/16th, but its gone i gues i blew it out one day. does anybody know what this hole is or what it is for or why i'm getting this oil residue. my second question is probably more difficult to pin point. a couple weeks ago i was getting ready to head up the face of a open double thats about 40ft. i was in 3rd and just below the power band. i cranked back on the throttle and got a big baaawghhh. i got no response and i just knew i was done for. luckly i held when i hit the front face of the landing. since then ive changed my jetting to what fmf home page says for my pipe and silencer. still same thing even after riding for 20-40 min or how ever long i ride so i know the bike is warmed up. ive got boysen rad and have checked the reeds they look brand new still. i've taken apart the carb completly twice and cleaned it. i've adjusted the throttle speed and the exhaust valves and still the same no matter the settings the bike does idle irradically (thats another question i have). if i keep it high in power band its not bad. but in times like going into a turn or burm when someone is in front of me and locking up brakes and then trying to just twist back all the way on throttle from almost no throttle i get the bog.and it's hard to keep a bike up on complete 180 when you get a bog and you expect the bike take off and it doesnt. it'll come out if i feather the clutch a bit but by then i've lost time.i've been running a br9 ngk because the plug specs call only for a $30 dollar plug. but i think im going to break down and buy one and see if that makes any difference. i know i've wrote alot here and probably didn't explain as good as i think but if anyone has any suggestions it be real cool. thanks alot, brent delaware
1996 rm125
fmf fatty
fmf silencer
fmf spec jetting- 172/50 i think can't remember
boysen rad valves
wiesco pro lite piston
refurbished head
new nikisil plated cylinder
renthal sprokets 12/53
renthal chain
pro taper bars
gripper seat