96 XR200R Siezed, and 72 Husqvarna 175 wont start

Dirt_Runner

Nov 20, 2003
I own a 96 Honda XR200R and a 72 Husqvarna 175(model unkown). I went riding with one of my friends recently, I was on the Husky nad he was on the Honda. There's a big mud pit with a bridge aross a deep part. My friend put the Honda underwater in the mud pit. We got it out and flipped it b/c it was the only way to get the water out of the intake. The kick start got stuck in place 8 or nine times while we where kicking it. Once we got it running you could ride the but when u got to 3rd gear it would bog out and die. It did it 3 times the 3rd time we had it running the bike just died and locked up. Then my husky started acting up. It would start up and then once it hit 4th it would lock up just like the honda would and die.... The kick start didn't jam but we couldn't get it to start back up. We got a 4-wheeler and tried pull-starting, the engine would turn over but this would make a pisst sound as if there was no pressure. I was wondering what u think is wrong with my 2 bikes and what i should do to fix 'em. Or if i should just My honda, and if my husky is fixable?

zoommx

~SPONSOR~
Apr 23, 2001
Sounds like you got muddy water through the system. In which case you should not only rebuild the top end on the honda, but replace the main bearings and crank bearings also. Also check the bearings in the trans and the condition of gears. A good clue may be to check for water presence in the oil. Sounds very bad to me. Valves may need attention also. All in all, the honda could be a pretty good size job with several hours work involved. Husky MAY just need top end, but while the top is off closely inspect rod/crank for "noisy" bearings that may be contaminated. Sounds like you guys really worked these bikes over. Hope it was fun ;) , now for the real work. :(

Last edited:

Dirt_Runner

Nov 20, 2003
yeah, i guess it's time to actually do something to the bikes for once. I was told by a friend that the piston could have rusted on my bike. Ther was very little oil left in the honda and it had water in the trans case.

Top Bottom