H20FWLHTR

Sep 12, 2005
I have a 96 YZ 250 with KYB 46mm forks. I took my forks to a shop to change my fork oil (I usually do it myself, but ran short on time.) and they LITERALLY destroyed my fork cap and melted my spring guides. After I chased him around the shop with the forks, I was then told how much a new cap costs, along with spring guides, I was in shock. A tech at another shop told me to order a cap from a 97 CR 125 because its the same forks minus spring rates. Does anyone know if this will work number one, Number two, are the spring guides the same, or number three, Does anyone make an aftermarket cap to replace the stock ones? Stock Yamaha caps are $106.00+ shipping! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Feb 17, 2005
For that price... I would just grab some used forks off of e.bay and use the parts out of it that you need for your forks. That way you will also have alot of extra parts incase some bull like this ever happens again.

This backs up my old saying "want something done right, then do it yourself"

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
ok the shop destroyed the cap and guides i would make them pay for it (not sure about letting them repair there f up)
i would do the work yourself seeing as you already do it
just my .02

Top Bottom