saveaux

Jul 20, 2005
One of my riding buddies has a very clean 96 YZ250, mostly stock with a pipe/silencer and, flywheel weight that he uses to trailride. I was on a different section of trail when it happened but apparently his throttle went wide open and he laid it down. Said that the engine off button would not turn it off, that he could twist the throttle but it didn't change anything, also said that he pulled the spark plug wire and it kept running :think:. Upon inspection the reed pedals were all fine, carb was clean, and throttle cable was fine with no way to pinch itself. Not being familiar with YZ's, has this happened to other people? The only thing I could think of it being is the throttle cable, somehow. Would a faulty CDI unit cause such madness? Thanks for any help!

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Yamaha had a recall on this. Take a close look at the throttle housing on the handlebar.

The fix included a new pulley for the throttle. The new pully does not hold the cable so tightly. The old pulley would hold the cable too tight, especially if the cable was dirty or slightly frayed.

Top Bottom