I8URCAT

Aug 4, 2004
Hey everyone, I just bought a bone stock 97 KDX 220 and i can see why you guys like these things so much! Way more rideable than my buddy's YZ250. And still faster than the XR's i had. :cool: Great bike.
I've had a bit of bad luck since i bought it though. First my buddy "borrowed" it while i was gone, and put it in a big pine tree. He broke the headlight shroud, bent the brake lever, pretzeled the stock bars, and tore my fork boots. Bad enough. Then a few days later, my brainiac sister decided she would like to teach herself how to use it while i was at work. She ended up looping it and breaking off the rear fender. Of course this is all very funny to everyone else :bang: .
I tried to get the parts from Kawasaki, but the dealer here is a bonehead.
So i guess my question is, does anyone know if and where I can get these parts through the aftermarket? I found a headlight shroud from Maier for the 1994-under KDX, but nothing for my bike. I decided on the MX rear fender from Maier, but I'm not sure if it would be cheaper to ship to Canada directly from them, or through Dennis Kirk. (Royal Distributing here can't get it) If I have to, I will drive the extra hour to get to the next dealership.

Any help would be great!
Thanks, Joel

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
Wow with friends and family like that who needs enemas. :laugh: Unfortunately aftermarket plastic is fairly limited with these bikes,Maier makes fenders but I never liked the quality of it ,UFO makes fenders and side panels for the KDX They also make some universal fit head lights that look pretty good,I think the oem one is pricey,the front assembly is the same as the KLX 250/300 and I think the kdx 250 90's model.
For shipping from the US if you can have it sent postal,UPS and FED Ex charge brokers fees into this country and can really bump up the price of parts,a friend bought a used pipe in California for $70.00 and the broker fee was $45.00 plus the original shipping.
I just got a bunch of stuff from Rocky Mountain pipes silencers,sprockets and riding gear and it is worthwhile price wise,just on the pipes we saved almost $250.00.they will ship postal but you have to ask for it.
Otherwise try to find a local shop,they may have to special order parts,I have 3 kawi dealers within 1 hour of me and in 14 years of owning KDX's not one has ever stocked a OEM part,PITA.so I try to keep some of the regular wear parts on hand.

Last edited:

I8URCAT

Aug 4, 2004
Thanks John, but I took my Renthal FatBars from my snowmobile (I'm selling it anyway, so i put the stockers back on it). So pretty much all i need now is the headlight, rear fender, front brake lever and the fork guards.

I decided i'm putting a secret switch on the ignition, buying a really big chain, and i'll rig a siren with a panic buttonto avoid any future recurrences. :cool:

Top Bottom