motoB

Mar 6, 2002
Hey guys, I've done searches and cant really find what I'm looking for, if I even know.

Everyone talks about the midstroke harshness of the 97cr250.
My problem seems backward. Initially the forks feel harsh,maybe first 1/4 travel, then very soft. I changed oil believe its 5 wt, drained and cleaned measured in 345cc.
I have played with the comp and rebound. When the comp is increased the front pushes. Maybe springs to soft? Im 165lb w/gear so soft springs don't sound right, dont know thats why i'm asking. The shock free and race sag are 15mm and 105mm. Sounds and feels ok. But which clickers are which on the shock? On the bladder there is a 14mm nut w/ clickers inside the on the bottom of the shock another. Which is high speed/ low and rebound.

I ride mx probably 25% then desert trail the rest.

Thanks and any thoughts are appreciated?

motob :think:

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I am the about the same weight and had to install heavier springs in the forks. The forks were riding too low in the stroke and felt harsh on the small chop. I went to the next size up (.43kg, I believe) and that made a world of difference. Much better on the small stuff. Front holds a line very well. And I have less headshake at speed. Clickers are near stock, so I have room to adjust as the conditions dictate.

Top Bottom