97 kx 125 frame - what engines fit?

chris82785

Jun 8, 2003
I've got another post about the engine that was in it, but i'm also wondering if anyone knows what other engine would be "mostly" bolt in for the bike? My main concern is the demension between the swingarm where the rear of the engine mounts......

If I could come across a KDX motor that would fit with minor mods.....even a 250 engine

Someone out there has done something like this before and has to have a lil info

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
Part out the chassis on that auction site and use the money to buy a complete bike in good shape................Just my 2 cents worth,but they are worth more in parts then they are in a whole. Although you may just end up buying more of what you already have. :bang:

chris82785

Jun 8, 2003
I'd loose to much $$ parting the bike.....everything was just redone - all chassis bearings, suspension, brakes, wheels....

The thing needs an engine now and it'l be a literally brand new bike - hell the frame was even powdercoated black and the plastics all replaced. I've got my engine but it more than likely needs a case half, crank, all lower bearings, jug (or bored) and top end.....

chris82785

Jun 8, 2003
So what about the 250 engine? Is it any "wider" - obviously the jug is larger, and i'm sure the stroke has to be longer as well....

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
too much PNTA unless your mad good with welding and fabricating of parts I think i'd stick with just using the 125 motor from the years I suggested above. I'd do some searching and maybe ask owners what years better etc. Might be able to find parts online etc and maybe build up a fast fraken bike of sorts.

chris82785

Jun 8, 2003
Thats what I'm talkin about.....I can weld, fab, no biggy. I just dont want to have to modify the engine case/swingarm to get something to fit, which is why i was wondering what fits between the swingarm and has a bore big eneough to accept that mount/swingarm pivot bolt

Top Bottom