Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
My 97yz125 seems to be down on power, well it still power wheelies in 1st-3rd but seems weak compaired to my friends 01yz125. Its all stock, everything. Im pretty sure the carberation is also(it seems real close but ill verify it w/ a plug chop soon). Im going to replace the top end soon, could that have anything to do w/ it? It has good bottom end and decent power all over but still not like my friends 01. If it was the top end would it effect the bottom end or top end? Also what mods does this bike respond best to? and if i had it ported by EG for more mid to top would it be like all top end or could i have it just a tad more than stock?

hoosierf

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 6, 2001
I've ridden a 97 quite a bit. I think you've described the power of that bike pretty accurately. That is, not a lot of over rev and decent mid range and bottom end power. Check your reeds, clean up your power valve and put a new top end in it and I supect you'll notice a substantial improvement in power.

hoosierf

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 6, 2001
New reeds will help period. You can't go wrong with Boyesen, but the OEM reeds now days are very good and seem to last a long time.

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
Also, how can i stiffen up the forks a little? If i over shoot a jump i bottom a bit, not too hard but i still bottom. Other than the slight bottoming everything is great. Would turning the compression and rebound a few clicks stiffer help at all? Another thing, how important is it to set the sag on the rear shock w/ this bike? Right now it dosnt seem to be too much(like less than 100mm).

Top Bottom