98 kdx 200

fix410

Dec 19, 2004
Hi

I am looking for some advice. I have just bought my first bike a 98kdx 200 with 15000km on it.
It runs OK and appears to have been very well looked after.

What are some of the first maitenance things I should do or check as I want to look after it and make sure its ready for a few trips in the aussie bush.

Should I replace the rings or just stick to the basics like oil, cables spark plug etc.

Thanks

mikdxer

Mar 6, 2003
If it were me I would buy a service manual, dismantle and check the linkage, swingarm, shock, axles and steering stem bearings. Know telling when this was done last. Then if every thing checks out ok I would lube them with some high quality grease. Lube your cables and chain and sprockets, clean air filter and re-oil, install new plug and ride to your hearts content. By then you'll know if theres anything else that needs attention after you have some time on it. Enjoy! Also read all you can on this web site for tips on getting your KDX set-up and runnig at its best.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…