n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
I hit a telephone pole in 4th gear yesterday while riding a newly cleared trail... I think it's one of the stupidest things I've done on a bike. Anyway, I am not seriously injured and the bike got off easy - the only thing that happened to it was that the pipe got smashed really badly. So now I'm trying to find a pipe for it - I like the stock one and have heard that it is about as good or better as aftermarket... so I am trying to find another one. Does anyone know what other years will fit on a 98? I have seen one that say a 99 will fit, others as far back as 94, not sure which to believe. Hopefully I can find one pretty cheap from that auction site or elsewhere.

I looked at Pacific Crest Pipe Repair but it would end up being about $70 after shipping, and I think I can probably find one cheaper than that.

Thanks,
Andy

jet373

Apr 2, 2002
any 94-02 will fit but the power curve is not same with all of them ... i tried one my 99pc pipes on my 02 and i hated it but i l really liked a 00pc pipe on my 01

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
The stock 97 and 98 pipes are identical. Pro Circuit makes a specific pipe for the 98 and FMF's Fatty is listed for a 97-00 while the FMF Gnarly is the same for 97-99. When I destroyed my stocker I found a like new one for $40. I like the stock pipe too. Good luck.

Top Bottom