woodsrider823

Aug 8, 2005
Hey I just picked up a 98 yz125 and I noticed that the clutch wont fully disengage. The bike has a problem idleing anyways where I have to keep reving the engine to keep it idleing even in nuetral. But when the bike is in gear it wont let me rev because the clutch wont fully disengage. I have tried adjusting the lever and no matter how tight i pull it it just wont completly disengage. If i get the bike to stop i can stand still with it in gear and rev it and it wont go but There is no way I can start the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in without it lerching forwards. Any suggestions on the problem? you guys think i need to replace the whole clutch or the basket or something? any advice is helpful thanks.

Mavrick70004

Oct 17, 2006
i suggest doing a visual check on the clutch first off its actually not that hard to remove the whole clutch assembly and visually check them out look for wear check to see if all the springs look the same Etc could be couple things most common is the springs but could be that the cable is trashed and stretch. check this out too
if you feel that the problem below is your problem you can always call your yamaha dealer and see if they have springs that work correctly they are usually more than happy to try to fix problems like this

http://www.thumperfaq.com/clutch_mods.htm

Last edited:
Top Bottom