snobdrbutch

Damn Yankees
Sep 22, 2005
can anybody tell me how much oil goes into the crank case of a 99 cr 250?? i need to change my oil but dont know how much to get. and also what type of oil?? i have been told to use 20/50 but not sure.
thanks

shadow171

May 27, 2005
.8 Quarts to change your oil. And please don't ask what type! You'll get a thousand answers on this. I use Rotela T 15-40 in mine. It has high base numbers, and I feel that's good for a gear box. If you do a search you'll find tons of topics on oil, so have a blast with that one. As a general rule you'll be good with any quality oil, weather it's gear box oil, motor oil, or ATF. People say that they prefer deferent types, because it runs and shifts better with it, so maybe try a few different types and see what you like. Good luck

snobdrbutch

Damn Yankees
Sep 22, 2005
thanks shadow really just needed to know how much to put in. the shop i got the bike from told me to run 20/50 so im gonna stick with what he says.

CR3999

Feb 28, 2000
On the clutch side there is a 10mm bolt, pull that bolt out pour the oil in when the oil comes out the hole the bolt was in, it is full.

Top Bottom