xrdog

Dec 3, 2000
I just bought my first KTM, a 99 EXC 250. When I bought the bike the jetting was stock and seemed to run very rich. I did a search and came up with some jetting info from a fellow Minnesotan (JEB). I followed the JEB’s jetting info and the bike runs a lot better except for one thing, the bike idles up when I slow down and come to a stop. It will go into a high idle and then return to a normal idle after a few seconds. Has any one else had this problem?

45 pilot @ 1.5 turns out on the air screw
172 main jet
NOZH needle in the 3rd leanest clip (running 50 degree temps)
Stock slide
1000'
Temp: 50’s
Pump 92 premium at 40:1 with Bel-Ray H1R
FMF Gnarly w/stock silencer

XRdog

Reon

Apr 11, 2000
xrdog, cant help with your problem but you migh wanna go the the jetting forum of the 'other' ktm only board to have a look.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
i think that you could be a little lean on top. do a plug chop and see your results, see Rich's schooling going on in the need jetting help fast thread. If it is lean on top it will still be a little hot when returning to idle, i would try a 175 and see what happens.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I agree with cjw. I used to richen the needle up one clip in the cold temps, too. You will probably see some spooge on that setup using the H1R, too.

xrdog

Dec 3, 2000
I will give the 175 main a shot.

Jeb, I was at the trail ride this past weekend. You and the Golden Eagles do a great job on the event. I stopped by to introduce myself, but you where out on the trails.

Thanks,

XRdog

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Ah, so it was you. My wife told me you'd come by. Sorry I missed you. I could've shown you some of 'side' trails. :)

Glad you had a good time. My wife and I maintain all the bottoms trails, 17.5 miles of them. Let me know if you have any suggestions for making the trails or the event any better.

headbanger

May 7, 2000
Jeb,
I rode the Thielman trail ride with Xrdog and it was a blast!! The Golden Eagles sure do a great job! I hope you don't loose the privilage to ride there.
We are facing some challenging times here in MN as Off-road riders. Did any of the entry fees go to the District 23 legal defense fund?
Good Luck!

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Hey Banger,
We hope we don't loose the area, either. It looks good for now as the horse people have come to appreciate us maintaining all the trails. It'd only take a change in the DNR's philosophy (read: a commissioner/governor/etc that has an axe to grind) to close it all done, though. We work closely with the DNR to have a minimal impact on all the users. Turkey huntings expanded hours, from a noon quitting time to 5PM this year, had an impact on when we could work trails this spring.

Yes, part of the proceeds are going to the D23 legal fund. I'm the club treasurer and haven't gotten everything counted yet, though. The club hasn't said for sure how much we'll give or if we'll just make a lump payment after our last event.

Top Bottom