H2 rider

Sep 30, 2014
I do paint and body work and a guy wants to trade me a 1999 kx 250 to repair some rust on his car and just leave it in primer. He said he just did a top end rebuild. Says it has a wiseco hot rod crank,wiseco piston, full fmf exhaust, new fmf muffler and a new chain. Says he has receipts for all parts and rebuild. He said after the rebuild it fired up on first crank but found oil was getting into the top end. He said he pulled the engine and replaced the seals in the engine and now its not getting any spark. Said he replaced the coil and still no spark. Said his next step was going to be replacing the cdi box but he stopped messing with it. Said bike has great compression. Does this sound like something I should mess with or stay away from? All I would have in it would be the labor to repair his car and leave it in primer. I have a 1975 kaw h2 2 stroke bike that I have rebuilt twice over the last 30 years so doing the work myself is not a problem.

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
I'd take it if he has those receipts but I would also check if you can get full wire harnesses on ebay for any MX 250 2 stroker in case you need to improvise.

No spark can be a loose wire on the stator or no negative connection on the engine or CDI, Stator, Coil etc.

I mounted a RM250 wire harness including CDI but it included the stator too. It can be safely assumed that most engines have their firing point close to each other though.

H2 rider

Sep 30, 2014
We are supposed to make the deal next week after I finish the car I am working on now. I'm thinking (hoping) that it is something in the wiring since it was getting fire before he pulled the engine and now its not. Will keep informed.

Top Bottom