XT

Oct 8, 2000
I'm looking at a 200 to augment my MXC300. I have a line on a 99 KTM200M/XC in great condition that comes with a set of new Mich. tires or a 00 E/XC that has been ridden but well taken care of. Both are about the same price +/- 100. Were the 1st yr upside WP's better than the 99 conventional forks? Any difference in shocks? I ride mostly desert type, although not Nevada type wide open. Lots of single track, tight, up/down technical with an occasional wide open wash( don't like going 70 mph for long!). I haven't done much woods but I'd like to start in the mountains here. Would one suit me better than the other or would it really make much difference. I like my MXC300 but once in a while I do search for 6th gear. Thank God it doesn't have one, I have no business going that fast anyway!

yzfourstroke

Jul 11, 2002
I have a 99 200mxc, and I do like the Marzoki conventional forks on that bike. The guy that revalved them for me used to race AA on the national HS circuit with a full ride from KTM and says he actually likes these forks better than the WP forks that were available in 00. I did feel they were way to softly sprung at first and the valving had to be change also for my liking. I ride the B class for HS's

All my other bikes are the other kind of forks ( cr250 and yz250f ), so I would say I have made a good comparison.

Top Bottom