fishy7509

Oct 10, 2004
hi iam looking at buying a 1999 rm 250 its a great looking bike & it runs great but the only thing is that it doesnt idle. i asked the guy who has it for sale about it and he said that when he road he has it set up so it doenst idle because he perfers to have it that way (he use to race motocross). my question is this normal for people to have tere somhere bike to set up to no idle or is ththing wrong with it. If there isnt anything wrong with it how do i adjust it to make it idle. any comments would be helpfull thanks

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
when i start my bike cold, it idles until it warms up. when its hot, it idles for about 30 seconds then dies, thats the way i like it.

fishy7509

Oct 10, 2004
but the thing is when i got there he started it up and it woulded idle even when its cold. but he might of started it before i got there i dont know

keithcr250r

Apr 18, 2007
my bike is the same..when i start it and its cold it will idle, but it dosnt after it warm. if i go for a strap then stop it will idle for 20 secs or less then die..id go for it not a big issue

fishy7509

Oct 10, 2004
thanks for everyones relpy i have decide to buy the bike. how do i adjust it so it will idle. i think i was reading somwhere that with this model bike all you have to do is turn the choke knob one way or the other to incease the idle. but then i was reading on the past forums on here and it says i have to mess around with the 2 screw on the carburator. if any one knows how to do it could u please let me know any help would be usefull thanks

84cr125

Apr 8, 2007
when your bike doesnt idle you get more response of out the initial 1/4 throttle. If you want it to idle you just hold the throttle down a bit at a steady RPM. unless you need to go get something or your goggles come off.

Top Bottom