99 YZ400F Keihin Carb Issues (I need help!!)

granthamtm

Jul 28, 2007
So we bought a 99' YZ400F for my husband and after about $2,500 in repairs :bang: trying to keep her running we bought him a new RMZ450. The only problem the 99' is now my bike. After fixing a detention in the cylinder , new pistons, a new CDI, 2 carb rebuilds and lots of shop time it is still not running. I am torn between forgetting about all the money and taking it out and shooting it and doing a little "Office Space" :laugh: to it so I can get some enjoyment out of it.

Here is the latest problem. We got the bike back out of the shop after a carb rebuild and when you turn the Fuel on it start pouring fuel out the overflow. So of course if you can get it started it floods immediately. So we took it back in. Turns out below the main portion of the Carb is a gasket that was gone and someone JB welded the part together. Well of course you can not order this part by it's self. We have tried. Does anyone have any suggestions ? I really do not want to order a whole new carb. Or does anyone have a CR Keihin that they want to sell. I tried to attach a picture of the area of the Carb I was talking about, but it won't let me.

Thanks for the help.

Tina

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
granthamtm said:
Here is the latest problem. We got the bike back out of the shop after a carb rebuild and when you turn the Fuel on it start pouring fuel out the overflow. So of course if you can get it started it floods immediately. So we took it back in. Turns out below the main portion of the Carb is a gasket that was gone and someone JB welded the part together. Well of course you can not order this part by it's self. We have tried. Does anyone have any suggestions ?
Tina

Sounds like you need to find a new shop. They should have noticed that the first time the carb was rebuilt.

Check out www.sudco.com for individual parts for your carb.

Top Bottom