99CR133....mid-top porting OR mo-better-everywhere

XtremeAir125

Jul 5, 2001
Ok, here's the deal. Over these winter months, I plan on Eric boring out my cylinder to a 133. With the boring, I get to also have a port job too. I ride in mostly pits, and an occasional MX track. What port job should I get, the mid-top or mo-better-everywhere? I already have a 94 CR250 38mm PJ Carb that needs to be put on, with also a V-Force Reed System, AND a RAD Valve <-------which is better Boyesen or V-Force? Since the 99 CR125's lack top-end power, should Eric do the more mid-top port job? Thanks guys!

XtremeAir125

Jul 5, 2001
By the way......I haven't tested out the V-Force System yet because my bike is in storage for the winter months, just to let ya know :D

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
The stock airboot will accept the 36 or 38 just as well. I know I have the 01cr250 airboot on my bike and the 00cr125 airboot fits well over even a keihin PWK 40mm. The one thing you have to change is the intake manifold to mach the brand of carb you are using. For Keihin carbs you have to use a 99 and older manifold. For Mikuni carbs you can use the 00 and newer manifold. Marcusgunby explained to me that Keihin carbs have a bigger outside diameter on the reed side and he is right, I found out by experience.

It's not my business but if you plan on putting the 38mm carb you would do well to go for the mid-top porting because these two mods will work well together. If you ask for the lo-mid porting, I'd stay with the 36.

Top Bottom