99KX125 Fouling Plugs,,,PLEASE HELP

xsquiggy

Jan 6, 2002
My 99 KX125 fouls plugs in under 5 minutes anytime I ride it at less than full throttle. The motor has 185psi compression,,,FMF SST pipe and silencer, and a Delta V-Force reed cage. Can someone suggest a basis for jetting? I live in VA. I think the problem has something to do with the needle clip position,,,but I don't know whether to raise or lower the clip position. Thanks, Dave.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
That bikes jetting was horrible when I had it. I don't remember the specifics, but I ended up with a 155 main and a leaner pilot and the clip in the top position and it still spooged.

Erik
2002 cr250

b-b00gie

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2002
I have a 99 KX and it has never fouled a plug. The spooge on my bike is very little... practically zero.

I've tried lots of jetting specs, and these are the best results I've come up with. I'm back to all the stock settings except I switched to a 152 Main. In case you've switched jets and needle position, this is what they are....

45 Pilot (stock)
152 Main (I think 158 was stock?)
Stock needle 3rd clip (all stock)
55 Power jet (stock)
stock plug (br9ev-x, br9ev is fine too)

I have a PC pipe and exhaust. I live in NJ.

b-b00gie

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2002
Oh yeah... I also let my girlfriend ride it on a trail or two for about 30 minutes. 1st and 2nd gear only and definately less than half throttle the whole time. Still never fouled it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…