LazyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2003
When I got home from school today I found a surprise package from Mr. Hollub (oldguy). When I opened the package I was shocked to see that it contained gifts for me. The package contained my Dads and my Dw 03 T-shirts, a bag full of red dirt from Cooperland, an AXO hat, some Dirtrider.net stickers and a sweet Moose official Rodney Smith racing jersey autographed by Rodney Smith and all the Dw03 attendees. I would like to thank all of you who took the time to sign the jersey. It makes me feel very special to know that a bunch of people I have yet to meet would take time out of their day to do something for me.

I would like to say a special thank you to Mr. Buddy Walton of Proclean for getting the jersey signed by Rodney Smith and donating it as a gift for me. I would also like to thank Mr. Hollub and Eric ( the kid) who I am sure spent much time getting all those signatures on the jersey. I would also like to thank Okie for the stickers and whoever donated the AXO hat.

My dad will post pictures ASAP. Once again thank you very much to all.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Pic 1

Attachments

• dwgift1.jpg
    dwgift1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 385

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I'd rather seen ya there in person! Get better soon and enjoy the gifts.
ps, the bag of dirt is blocking my signature ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Get that leg healed up well and like Mark said ....

We'll see y'all at DW '04 :thumb:

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
If you wear that shirt riding you will have to wash it and then the signatures will wash off. Treat it like memorabelia. just my 2.  Sorry you got hurt.

Joe Chief

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Now go put that bag of red dirt in your mom's load of white clothes. Then your clothes will look like the rest of ours. :)

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Originally posted by Chief
If you wear that shirt riding you will have to wash it and then the signatures will wash off Treat it like memorabelia. just my 2

Chief that jersey is going nowhere but on display Troy only put it on for the pics. We are just trying to figure out the best way to show it off, my original thought was to get it framed but then some of the signatures would be hidden so at the moment we are trying to decide how best to hang it.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Reversable frame with shirt pressed between 2 panes of glass. I've seen pro NFL/NHL jerseys displayed this way. Flip the frame every so often to see both sides.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
You also know that Guy Cooper and Doug Dubach singned that jersey don't ya? As well as myself and Okie! LOL

We missed you guys being there. Next year no riding for 1 month prior to DW04 and that is an Administrative Order!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I'm glad to see the pics and the smile it brought to your face!! Get well soon, will meet ya next year!!!
Natalie

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Originally posted by Thump
You also know that Guy Cooper and Doug Dubach singned that jersey don't ya? As well as myself and Okie! LOL

I've been thinking about that this morning and whether I made the right decision. Troy's original draft thanked Doug and Guy but I asked him to edit it as every signature on that jersey was as special as the next! Troy has read or attempted to read every signature and message on the jersey!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Glad to see that you got it and are smiling. Like it was said above, We would have rather had you there. Get well soon :yeehaw:

Last edited:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by Chili

We are just trying to figure out the best way to show it off, my original thought was to get it framed but then some of the signatures would be hidden so at the moment we are trying to decide how best to hang it.

Just have the Dr make a full body cast of Troy at his next appointment. Then you can just put the jersey on the body cast. :)

B

biglou

Just a thought here: what about a maniquin(sp?) torso? I was looking at some jersey display cases and they are expensive! I bet you could find a torso for cheaper.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Lou,

The body cast idea got me thinking about the manaquinne just as I read your post. :)  Anytime someone named 'BIGLOU' mentions 'TORSO', folks are gonna get a bit concerned. (Italian discrimmination, Gumba  ;))  It aint' right I tell ya!!!!

I've built  display cases using 1/8" plexiglass and high grade 2 x 4's. You just cut slots with a standard sawblade for the glass. You could also make some type of siloughette to fit inside the shirt and form it nicely. A few coats of polyurethene on the wood and double o steel whool in between coats finishes it off nicely. Then maybe a little clear caulk to seal it up. I'm just thinking if you really want to preserve it, it would last a long time and never need to be touched. (Yea, OK, 'Hermetically Sealed!!!!') 

Although the plexiglass is a bit expensive it would be a lot cheaper than buying a case, and it's a basic project that will look GREAT when you are done. Also you can use the project to stay busy until those crutches come off!!!

Chief

B

biglou

Originally posted by Chief
Lou,
The body cast idea got me thinking about the manaquinne just as I read your post. :) Anytime someone named 'BIGLOU' mentions 'TORSO', folks are gonna get a bit concerned. (Italian discrimmination, Gumba ;) ) It aint' right I tell ya!!!!
Hehe, well, as it so happens, one of my soldiers, er, I mean, acquaintences, Vic "The Brick" Carluzzo and his two pals, Rocko and Knuckles, are having a clearance sale on torsos. Only problem: Preserving the torso along with the shirt... :laugh:

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Are you sayin' what I Tink Your Sayin' ???

Sorry, I work for DVD manufacturing and I get to watch, er I mean QC many titles. For instance, I watched about 1.5 hrs of 'The Sopranos' last night. No one got whacked which was a letdown. Don't get too jealous, usually I am quite busy.     :think:

Joe Chief

Top Bottom