Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Last night I was at my parents' house and we got out the old photo albums. I came across a picture that I didn't even know we had. I will post it as soon as I can get it scanned. It was my first bike, and 70cc Yamaha Enduro. I remember when we got it, we actually got two. One was in less than running condition and the other was in pretty good shape. I think they were '72 models. The funny thing is that I remember them having a speedometer, lights, blinkers and all. But this thing, all though it was huge to my 9 year old butt, was a very small bike! Anyhow, we ripped all of that stuff off anyway.

The best part of it was remembering my first ride on it. After a few years on a B&S mini bike, looking out over that front wheel was amazing. It seemed so big. The funny thing was that I recall my dad explaining the shifting and clutch and all of that, but it all just seemed so natural. We had 10 acres out back with about 8 of it being woods. My brother and I wore out those woods! It makes me really wonder why I got out of it so long. Oh yeah, the near death experience with a Mustang on my Suzuki 125 in '86. Kept me off of them for a little over a decade. Then, when my grandma died and I watch the posessions that two people collected over so many years, get sold for a couple of thousand dollars....I realized that life was too damned short to waste being afraid of doing things that I loved. So I bought me a YZ250 and the rest was history.

I can't wait to start helping my boys create these memories!

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Cool,
I started a thread on "your first bike"...be sure to post it there..

cant wait to see it...

Crazy4nitro

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
crazy4nitro said:
Cool,
I started a thread on "your first bike"...be sure to post it there..

cant wait to see it...

Crazy4nitro

I am hoping to scan it soon. I don't know why I didn't do it last night while I was there. I was just too excited, I guess. I also found a pic of me at about 12 wearing a sweet ATC Honda shirt.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
old school pics rule......post it too..

Crazy

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
crazy4nitro said:
old school pics rule......post it too..

Crazy

I don't know about that one. I might ruin my image of being the cool rock star dude that everyone thinks I am. :rotfl:

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Jamir said:
I don't know about that one. I might ruin my image of being the cool rock star dude that everyone thinks I am. :rotfl:

Yeah but I bet you could play a mean "Air Guitar"..
:rotfl:

Crazy

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
crazy4nitro said:
Yeah but I bet you could play a mean "Air Guitar"..
:rotfl:

Crazy

Actually, in this pic, I am holding some catfish that I had caught. Yep, the cat(fish) is out of the bag.....I am a.....

Attachments

• redneck.JPG
    redneck.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 99

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
Jamir said:
Actually, in this pic, I am holding some catfish that I had caught. Yep, the cat(fish) is out of the bag.....I am a.....

only if you were "Noodling"...
No way in hell would I stick my arm in a hole to grab a catfish.... :|

Crazy

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
crazy4nitro said:
only if you were "Noodling"...
No way in hell would I stick my arm in a hole to grab a catfish.... :|

Crazy

Reminds me of a date I went on one time.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Lmao! Did ya get bit? Oh, man, dude, stop it!

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Rooster said:
Lmao! Did ya get bit? Oh, man, dude, stop it!

It wouldn't be a real date if I didn't come up injured!

Top Bottom