a few Qs for kx 125`s

trevkx125

May 22, 2002
My brother and i have owned a 98 kx125 for almost a year and didn`t use it that much(english winter) but are getting back in to it! :) we just bought another 97 kx125 last week,mainly trail riding to get started,but some flat out in top regulary across the fields etc,

I just need a few things that you helpfull people could tell me :) ........

we are using silkoline semi synetic 2 sroke mix at 32:1, is that good enough protection? the fully synthetic is twice as much money but i want the bikes to last as long as possible ,hence will pay the extra if needed for the use - does the fully synth ony give better protection at very high temps only? or is it better all round?

gear box oil??? my workshop manual says use a quality engine oil...is that good enough? 10/40 semi synthetic is what i am using at the moment........my local shop thinks that a proper gear oil is far superior, but i like to change it regular and it will cost much more......what are your views on this?

and the bike we have bought needs new fork seals, i have bought new seals and oil......do you need any special tools for this? i would like to do it myself and any help would be good !

last question..... i dont know anything about suspension settings, a little advice about setting them up for us 14 stone fat boys !

looking forward to your replys and i am of fairly good mechanical mind so please go into detail if you can be arsed!

cheers !!

trev.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…