A few questions

Tyler125

Feb 3, 2008
Just a few questions about eveything. I have a 93 CR125.

1)Does performance or reliability get affected by spark plug brands? Ive heard NGK's are great.

2)How often should Wheel Bearings be changed? How do you know when they go bad?

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
1) Reliability maybe, but I don't think your performance will vary. I do use the stock NGK plug in my bike however.
2) Your wheels will wobble and move side to side more than ~1/14" when you shake them (perpendicular to the length of the bike). If you're riding, it feels allot like you have a flat.

Tyler125

Feb 3, 2008
ok, thanks for the input. I didnt clarify my spark plug question, do copper or the pricy platinum plugs change anything? That was what I was meaning.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
That I don't have a clue about. I do doubt that the more $$$ plugs do much more than last longer if you're properly jetted.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Tyler125 said:
ok, thanks for the input. I didnt clarify my spark plug question, do copper or the pricy platinum plugs change anything? That was what I was meaning.

I know of one bike (but I can't recall which one it was) that had an "issue" with how they designed the cylinder head. It required that you use the expensive plug because the cheap plugs would have the ground tab (the bent metal that reaches over the tip) break off due to excessive vibration.

If you are running a two stroke it can be argued that the premium plugs resist fouling a bit more than the cheap plugs, but for the price difference you could put a new cheap plug in every ride and still be money ahead.

Otherwise, I sure don't see the advantage of a premium plug in a dirt bike. In your car, yes. Put it the expensive plug and it's good for 50,000 miles. Worth it.

Rod

Tyler125

Feb 3, 2008
ok, I just figured it would be worth asking as cars do tend to run better on specific plugs.

Also, I just put Castrol Synthetic 80W Gearcase fluid in my bike, is that a good enough oil for my CR?

VISaki

May 25, 2008
as long as its a synthetic its good 80w is a lil thick but should be ok...things will just move a lil slower rather than a thin high output oil.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…