Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
After a two year absence, the big bike rally has officially returned to Hollister, CA for the 4th of July. I went downtown on the 4th to take some shots of bikes. The rally technically doesn't begin until this Friday so there were only about a hundred bikes parked downtown. These are a few of the bikes that stood out to me. The purists might not like all the newer models, but there were some absolutely stunning paint jobs to be seen.

Attachments

• green machine.jpg
    green machine.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 145
  • blue hog.jpg
    blue hog.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 142
  • white bike.jpg
    white bike.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 140

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Now the first one is obviously a Moto Guzzi, but can anyone tell me what the other one is? I've never seen a bike like that before and I'm stumped.

Attachments

• guzzi.jpg
    guzzi.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 142
  • wattizit.jpg
    wattizit.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 143

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
Looks like a Ural. Made in Russia, it's a copy of a pre-WWII BMW. They are often equipped with a sidecar.

You're probably right. It did have a sidecar attached with big vinyl cover over the top.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Great shots Kawi, lets see some more. :cool:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
Great shots Kawi, lets see some more. :cool:

Thanks Rich! I'm going back out on Saturday when the actual rally is in full swing. There should be a few thousand more bikes for me to choose from. I think I'll bring the Sigma 10-20 this time. I used the Canon 50mm f1.8 lens for these and it was tough to get really close to the bikes. Hopefully I'll have more to share sometime Sunday.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom