Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
After a two year absence, the big bike rally has officially returned to Hollister, CA for the 4th of July. I went downtown on the 4th to take some shots of bikes. The rally technically doesn't begin until this Friday so there were only about a hundred bikes parked downtown. These are a few of the bikes that stood out to me. The purists might not like all the newer models, but there were some absolutely stunning paint jobs to be seen.

Attachments

• green machine.jpg
    green machine.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 145
  • blue hog.jpg
    blue hog.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 142
  • white bike.jpg
    white bike.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 139

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Now the first one is obviously a Moto Guzzi, but can anyone tell me what the other one is? I've never seen a bike like that before and I'm stumped.

Attachments

• guzzi.jpg
    guzzi.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 142
  • wattizit.jpg
    wattizit.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 142

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
Looks like a Ural. Made in Russia, it's a copy of a pre-WWII BMW. They are often equipped with a sidecar.

You're probably right. It did have a sidecar attached with big vinyl cover over the top.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Great shots Kawi, lets see some more. :cool:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
Great shots Kawi, lets see some more. :cool:

Thanks Rich! I'm going back out on Saturday when the actual rally is in full swing. There should be a few thousand more bikes for me to choose from. I think I'll bring the Sigma 10-20 this time. I used the Canon 50mm f1.8 lens for these and it was tough to get really close to the bikes. Hopefully I'll have more to share sometime Sunday.

Top Bottom