GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I was reading up on heel pain and stumbled upon another thread in "another" dirtbike forum where some good soul posted a thread that was all about Plantar Fasciitis.

The article was AWESOME, and the one key takeaway for me was that the person who wrote the article suggested freezing a can of beans for use in keeping the sole of the foot iced down as part of therapy. What a great idea!! You can roll it under your foot! It's cheap, doesn't melt or make a mess...you can toss it back in the freezer when you're done using it. I'm using a can of Trader Joe Organic Black Beans at the moment :cool:

Here's the link for anyone else suffering from Bone spurs, heel pain, aka Plantar Fasciitis.

http://heelspurs.com/_intro.html

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Natty, sorry to hear you heel pain. If it turns into a heel spur try these http://www.heelseats.com/index.php I got them for my wife and they help a lot. She has orthotics too but these seem to work better to support her heel without putting pressure on the spur. Shee never try the frozen can of beans but it's not a bad idea!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Thanks for the 'beans' tip and the links.

When mine flares up again, I'll give the beans a try.

Orthotics and some stretches (heel raises) seem to keep mine under control. If I stop wearing my orthotics, it will come back in a few days.

Thankfully, the recurrences are never as bad as it was at first, though. My initial experience was pretty miserable. After a few weeks of treatments (parrafin baths, anti-inflammatories, stretches, taping) which provided only minimal relief, I got some steroid injections and that helped immensely. Never needed the shots again but they were heaven sent at the time.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
GETMETOCA said:
I'm using a can of Trader Joe Organic Black Beans at the moment :cool:

Natty.

I understand since you live in No. Cal. you have to use the Organic beans. But, since Dave lives in Bakersfield, does he have to use Baked beans? :nener: :laugh:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
XRpredator said:
we use frozen taters
[/i]

Well! That's just so stereotypical of you Pred. :moon: :rotfl:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Ol'89r said:
Natty.

I understand since you live in No. Cal. you have to use the Organic beans. But, since Dave lives in Bakersfield, does he have to use Baked beans? :nener: :laugh:

LOL. :laugh: I didn't know there were any other kind of beans besides baked.

On the topic of veggies, a bag of frozen peas is an excellent way to ice down other injuries, like knee, wrist, ankle, elbow, etc... I've used that many times, but never a can underfoot.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
LOL. :laugh: I didn't know there were any other kind of beans besides baked.

On the topic of veggies, a bag of frozen peas is an excellent way to ice down other injuries, like knee, wrist, ankle, elbow, etc... I've used that many times, but never a can underfoot.

Here in So, So Cal, we use pinto beans. South of the border they use jumping beans but, ya' gotta' keep both feet on the can. :laugh:

Great tip Natty. Thanks for sharing. :cool:

Dave. The frozen peas and frozen veggies work great for heat prostration also. Place the frozen veggie bag on the back of the neck and have the person place their head between their knees until they feel better. We used some of those on a friend out in the desert one day when we didn't have any ice left. Someone had a bag of frozen peas in their motorhome and it worked great.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey guys! RMGuy, thanks for the link. The pain comes and goes, but is mostly here. When I stretch frequently and use the can of frozen beans, it subsides, but always return. I was at the Pumpkin Festival all weekend walking around and I'm pretty sore tonight. Thinking about going in to a podiatrist if this persists, but first I will try to be consistent with the stretching, icing, etc.

You guys are too funny with the beans :) I do think Dirt Bike Dave may benefit by rotating the Baked Beans with the occassional can of Ranch Beans or Lima Beans with Ham Sauce.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
pursuing the proper position as per a podiatrist is probably a pleasant and prudent plan

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The benefits of butter beans is very beneficial, but they are better with bacon! I will get the wife on a can when she gets home. Are the spurs a female thing from the bird gene?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
XRpredator said:
pursuing the proper position as per a podiatrist is probably a pleasant and prudent plan

Perhaps, pontificating the precise pinpoint of pain to the Podiatrist will indeed provide new possibilities. :nener:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
you don't know how tough it was for me to find enough "p" words!

love,

your pal

pred :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
XRpredator said:
you don't know how tough it was for me to find enough "p" words!

Then change your strategy with a Thinkacane :cool:

Can of Beans Haiku
Feel pain deep in sole
Bean can rest upon ice cubes
Roll foot feel relief

Top Bottom