longtime

Oct 7, 1999
My friends, please stop and realize -- we are living in what may be the most historical week of our lifetimes -- and perhaps of many, many generations.

President Bush rose to the occasion, tonight.

That speech was pure history. He had a huge task tonight, to clearly tell us all, as a people, where we are, where we are going, and what we can all do. To ask us to unite in one of the most important endeavors we've ever faced. And he did it.

I was so proud of him tonight, and to be an American. And I'm especially comforted to learn that I'm not alone. That Americans from both sides of the aisle, including some of the most liberal voices of our government, agree. See this link and appreciate the moment. From whichever side of the aisle you approach the discussion:

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/20/gen.speech.reax/

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
As proud as have always been to be an American, I am even more proud today! I watched and heard my President address this nation and the world with strength, determination, and commitment. Not with threats, but promises. I could not only see, but I believe feel the unity of all present.
And this mornig, hearing and reading reactions, the unity of this nation.
I realize that there are a few, and it is few, that disagree with this coarse- so be it. Because of my family, my 4 children, ages from 2 to 18, I see no other coarse! And I AM NOT ALONE.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
The first time I have ever sat through an entire presidential speech. This is the most important speech of our generation. I was moved (and that doesn't happen easily for this "tough guy").

"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."

Today, I am proud to be an American

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I had the unfortunate task of being at work while he was speaking, luckily though the local radios stations aired it in its entirity. I was very happy with our President, he has really stepped it up in the past week and is doing a great job. Makes a person appreciate being an American that much more. I was also lucky enough to catch the whole speech later on Fox News. I really wouldn't like to be in bin Laden's shoes at the moment.

JeffK

Sep 9, 2001
Awesome Speech!! I'm behind George all the way.

On a side-note, I know spirits were high and all but did they really have to clap and give a standing ovation after every sentence???? Agggg, I was on the edge of my seat wanting to hear what he had to say and here they are clapping and standing and clapping and standing.. I think he got the point. Either way it was a great speech!!!

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by JeffK
Awesome Speech!! I'm behind George all the way.

did they really have to clap and give a standing ovation after every sentence????

I was laughing my butt off, 43 min speech and 30 standing ovations.

Also, did anybody see the expressions on Mrs. Clintons face, G.B is fighting terrorism in his first 9 mo. in office while Billyboy was giving away cigars

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
History was made

I was moved by the speech that our president gave last night. It was very moving and right to the point. I'm behind our president 100% and am very proud to be an American. I did see Hillary Clinton and she looked like a sad sack of hammers. She was probably just jelous because she wasn't the one up there talking, or maybe she is not in favor of fighting back. :think

00 KDX 200
Procircuit pipe & silencer
AMA
GNCC

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Maybe she was having visions of her presidential bid being moved back at least another four years. Or, maybe she was just tired. I'm sure the last week has been pretty rough for her.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by Vic
, maybe she was just tired. I'm sure the last week has been pretty rough for her.

Thanks Vic,
it usually takes a good tug to get my head out of my A$$

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Too kind, guys. Last week was rough on ALL of them -- many more so than her. But at a moment like that, let's see who managed to be attentive, respectful, indeed, enthralled: Schumer, Giuliani, Pataki, Daschle, Gephardt, five Justices of the United States Supreme Court, a couple of firefighters and policemen, the 534 other members of Congress, and a nation. The one glaring exception is legitimately pointed out. :think

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Salute to Heroes

They say this broadcast was on 31 different networks (I caught the East coast feed). Nice to see the entertainment industry stepping up for a nationwide telethon for the relief efforts.

Also, some other things--The New York Mets still wearing their NYPD and FDNY lids, athletes giving their salaries to the relief effort, and the American flag flying everywhere--from the backs of ball players to the antennas of cars.

America, God shed his grace on thee.:)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
LT makes a good point.

JPIVEY- On second thought, I think your head was in the right place all along. :think :eek: :confused: :)

Last edited:

Top Bottom