A little help with bike stalling out

myfirst125

Jun 10, 2007
Curious if anyone can help me. Just got the bike started and took it out...started to get on the throttle in third gear, and bike lost power and bogged all the way down. Now cant get the bike to start. If i do start it for a few seconds, it idles very weak and if you give it gas it dies out.

Noticed that i left the choke on while i took it out. could i have flooded the engine?

What are some of the possibilities that it could be. Gas is regular grade 32/1. Checked the plug and it doesnt look oil fowled, but it could be the case

Like i said once i go full thottle this problem began. Check the carb maybe?

Bike is a 94 cr125. everything brand new on it. so it would not be because the bike is old.

myfirst125

Jun 10, 2007
nah...ive been riding it for awhile ...4-5 hours since entire rebuild and everything was working great.

i started it yesterday after troubleshooting the electrical system to make sure there was spark delivery and there was.

i will take a look at the reeds, and might just buy the v-force for it. would that be a wise decision? i want to get them anyway to see how well they perform. while that is going on i could take a look at the carb and troubleshoot that

i have the clymer manual so i can dissasemble and reassemble to make sure everything is to factory specs.

what do you think i should do seeing as though every bike is different and ive tried to tell you eveything i can about the bike. if you have any more questions i will be happy to reply

myfirst125

Jun 10, 2007
could it be a compression problem? seeing as though i was able to start the bike and ride it until 3rd gear, i couldnt imagine it being compression. if there was a compression problem the bike wouldnt even start.

im definetly going to dump the gas, and remix another gallon to see if that is it. this time i will get sunoco 94 or 93 grade. this way i only put the best into the system

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Compression doesn't sound like the case at all, you should check the float in your carb it could be stuck, its definetly in the carb

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
myfirst125 said:
Curious if anyone can help me. Just got the bike started and took it out...started to get on the throttle in third gear, and bike lost power and bogged all the way down. Now cant get the bike to start. If i do start it for a few seconds, it idles very weak and if you give it gas it dies out.

Noticed that i left the choke on while i took it out. could i have flooded the engine?
What are some of the possibilities that it could be. Gas is regular grade 32/1. Checked the plug and it doesnt look oil fowled, but it could be the case

Like i said once i go full thottle this problem began. Check the carb maybe?

Bike is a 94 cr125. everything brand new on it. so it would not be because the bike is old.

Since you left the choke on, you likely fouled the plug. I'd just put a new plug in it, and try it again.

Always start with the simple things first. :nod:

Rotor

myfirst125

Jun 10, 2007
i am learning things as they come..things to do and things not to. from what you say, leaving the choke on as you ride will foul plugs. gotcha. thanks. i always knew that you dont leave the choke on when you ride, but i did not know the consequences of doing so. how would it foul? does it get oil fowled?

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
The choke makes the fuel mixture richer. Riding with the choke on will supply the engine with more fuel than it needs to run properly. This extra fuel leads to deposits on the plug (fouling).

Put a NEW plug in it and try it again!

Rotor

Top Bottom