Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by the Eel

Besides, ever notice how all these 4-strokers are old guys who want the easy way out ?!!!! LAzy bums.]

OH, Eel:scream: Statements like that have been known to come back to haunt people.
Also, that Henry guy you mentioned, wasn't he the guy that put the #1 plate on one of those blue DarkSide bikes?;)

ktmboy/man? Hit, you want hit? I just disconnected the grey wire on my DarkSide mount. Turned it into a major finger stretcher.
I felt like a flag waving on a flagpole when I tested it.:cool:

Thumbs. Don't listen to that Elk guy. Don't forget, he drives around all day on the 405 freeway smelling exhaust fumes. How could he possibly make a rational decision.:p

The Ol' Android.

Last edited:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
'Ol 89 - Doug Henry was the poster boy for the new racing 4-strokes ... alright, so I bit the bullet on that one.

Re: lazy bums and it coming back to bite me - just having some fun - stirring up the pot.

Besides - I'm haunted already.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by the Eel

Re: lazy bums and it coming back to bite me - just having some fun - stirring up the pot.

Eel. No worries, just giving you a hard time, that's my job.;)

Some of you guys take me way too seriously. (Insert goofy old curmudgeon smiley face HERE.}

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Eel. No worries, just giving you a hard time, that's my job.

... then you deserve a big promotion !!!

Besides - when it comes to your riding it's clear that experience beats youthful enthusiasm handily.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
You guys bringing up Doug Henry raises another good point in the 'Dark' side / 'Light' side debate: Ol' Dougie made that thumper look really good!:p
I honestly think the thumpers fit the riding style of some riders (like Scott Summers) better than a 2-smoker does, and they are more forgiving.I still don't know if I believe any of you 'dark' side guys about thumpers with hit.
So which one of you are gonna let me try your mega-thumper to convince me?:D

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
KTMboy - My 250f may not have the mega "hit", but come out to Perris Wednesday and you're welcome to take some laps on the baby thumper. I'll think you'll be surprised what it's made of. We'll be there at 11:00, and 2 smokes are welcome!! :cool:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Thanks for the invite, but I'm a track wussy, and I did get to try Bundys' baby 'f'. I was truly impressed by the bike, I just wanted a little more hit. I've never gotten to swing a leg over a 426 though.
Eeel, round up the forces of light- the Dark Lord is away, and now is the time to strike fear in the hearts of the old ones!:p

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by ktmboy
and now is the time to strike fear in the hearts of the old ones!:p

HA! Never happen, ktmboy/man? Besides, aren't you almost one of 'the old ones'?

You are more than welcome to try my WR, but, first you may want to get one of those hand exercisers to build the strength up in your hands. My fingers and forearms are a little longer now since I went to the DARKSIDE.:scream:

The Ol' Android.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Personally, I'm a little afraid that Bundy etal. have had their brains shook up by two much torquey 4 stroke rumblin's. I fear that they actually believe they are Star Wars action characters.

Oh well, maybe a litte R & R and they'll regain their senses.

Oh yeah -- and everyone knows that the Millenium Falcon was a two stroker -- duh!

One final thing -- Doug Henry's back must be sore the way that you guys and every other deluded 4 stroke devotee trot him out every single time there's a discussion about the obvius inferiority of the 4 Stroke. I'm not so sure he can take out MC, KW, RC, GL, etc, etc, etc, in a tag-team steel cage match, seeing as he'd be all alone apparently! :eek:

Didn't take long, eh Dad and 89r? Jumped ship faster than you can say "the f-in-cursed-XR-put-down-no-slammed-down-yet-another-victim." :scream:

Oh yeah -- and don't talk to me any more. I have an exotic Euro bike and realize that now I'm too good for you. Any of you. Okay except the two stroke guys. They can talk to me in limited amounts. :cool: (And it has nothing to do with going fast. Us cool Euro riders go slow on purpose because every moment on our bikes is so much more meaningful). :p

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by LongTime
Personally, I'm a little afraid (And it has nothing to do with going fast. Us cool Euro riders go slow on purpose

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
Excuse me, I think I just had a senior moment.:scream:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Holy smokes, no pun intended! I go away for the weekend and we have turmoil on the rise. Here's the scoop.
Bundy boy, di d I hear you say you were riding the water jets this weekend. Take a look in the engine compartment, that pleasure you are sitting on, no not your sister inlaw, is a 2 smoke motor baby! Enjoy it. Like I've always said, 2 strokes walk on water!
4 dumpers are definately for the older guys, theyt can't remember to mix, jet, shift etc so it's a little easier for them to ride. I still can't get by the third lever on the handlebar! What is that thing? I see you kick and kick, then kick a little, pull the little lever, kick, smile, curse, kick halfway, then there's a thumpity thumpity.

I know that we are all brothers of the dirt, no matter what we ride! Some of us like to do more work than others though. Speaking of starting it all, how about "On any Sunday"? I think those guys were smoking all the way. In the beginning there was a 2 stroke and then came the devil with temptation. 4 strokes are the poison apples of motocross. Ride on fruit boys!
2 strokes, stick together. We are one, be the bike, feel the bike, or the sister in law!

I love you guys! And no, the exhaust doesn't affect my logical thinking. I'm under the influence of pre mix, not sure if it's a felony or misdemeanor!
Elk, lonely elk and jr. My son shall never be turned The only 4 stroke in my garage is the elk, oh, and the pit xr. Forgot that one!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
History lesson.

Originally posted by a454elk
Speaking of starting it all, how about "On any Sunday"? I think those guys were smoking all the way. In the beginning there was a 2 stroke and then came the devil with temptation. 4 strokes are the poison apples of motocross. Ride on fruit boys! I'm under the influence of pre mix,

Elk. You gotta stop smoking that stuff.:confused:

This is a subject that I know a little about, since I was there. Back in those days, we all rode 4 strokes. Then there was this guy named Malcolm that came along and had this bike that made a funny noise out of the exhaust and smoked a lot. They called it a 2 stroke. These bikes had a problem with fouling plugs. You had to kick, kick, kick,smile, kick some more, change the plug, kick some more, push the bike, throw it on the ground and stomp on it, pick it up and kick some more, change the plug again, curse, kick some more and when the thing finally started, it would sit there and go ringy dingy, ringy dingy, ringy dingy, ringy bwaaaa. Then you had to change the plug again.

Well, this Malcolm guy, he could go fast on anything and he won a bunch of races on this strange new bike. So, everybody thought, If this guy can go that fast then maybe if I got one of those, I could go fast too.

That was about 30 years ago and most everyone is starting to see that it wasn't the bike, it was that Malcolm guy. I think his last name was Smith.

Anyway, 30 years later, people are finally starting to see the error in their ways and 4 strokes are coming back.

Bout time!

Oh, and that Malcolm guy? He still goes fast!

Last edited:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000

" Oh yeah -- and don't talk to me any more. I have an exotic Euro bike and realize that now I'm too good for you. Any of you. "

Read: Couldn't handle the awesome power of the DARK SIDE! :p

"(And it has nothing to do with going fast. Us cool Euro riders go slow on purpose because every moment on our bikes is so much more meaningful)."

That's because they only run for a few moments before major repairs are needed. :p Enjoy them while you can LT the Hut

THUMBS how many times are you going to make me wait for you at the top of all those hills. :p Do not be fooled by those rebel forces, there is no escape and no turning back from the DARK SIDE HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I feel quite spanked! Gosh guys, take it easy!! Actually, my first bike was an X90 Harley Davidson AMF trail. Anyone seen one of those? I even had an original AMF helmet I used with it. That was back in 74', the good ole years. To tell you the truth, I could give a poop what I ride, as long as it has two wheels and gets me to the dirt. I'm thinking of going both ways, like thumbs, and getting a thumper down the road, while still keeping my smoker. Can't we just all get along? That's my quote from the riots I attended!
Elk

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Hey Elk -- just cause I came in from the bullpen doesn't mean you, the starting pitcher, get to go soft all of a sudden. BUCK UP AND GIVE 'EM HELL, MAN!

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
. I'm thinking of going both ways, like thumbs

:scream:

Lets keep this PG-13 :p

LORD DARTH BUNDY: even I didn't realize the power of the DARK SIDE, it seems like in our attempt to convert young Thumbs Skywalker, We have a possible additional recruit, Stormtroper ELK.

We should report this at once to Emporer OKIE, He will be pleased.

LT the hut, there is no escapeing the DARK SIDE.

May the THUMP be with you. :cool:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Soft I am not! I was just reeling you guys in, I'll never go dark! I don't know what I was thinking, so used to be diplomatic. Eat spooge or die.
The mighty elk

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I'm dying to ride a 426 so I can experience this 'hit' those of you on the dark side speak of. Don't worry Elk, I feel I can resist. I too was once one of their own, but experienced the salvation that can only come from breathing pre-mix.
'89er- I'm not as old as I look, the years amongst the dark side pre-maturely aged me! But each time I swing a leg over the KTM my youth comes back a little more.:p

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm not dying to try the 426. I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy my 2 strokes! Just think, it takes double the stroke for all that low end! Stick to the hill climbs my 4 stroke friends, for the 2 stroke shall inherit the earth.
Elk

On a side note, we have war declared on us and we should kick major butt!
Be safe, kick out the illegals, close the borders and tell everyone to kiss our U.S. As_es

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000

On a side note, we have war declared on us and we should kick major butt!
Be safe, kick out the illegals, close the borders and tell everyone to kiss our U.S. As_es

elk. I could not agree with you more. I am sick and tired of seeing us give our country away to all of these people that hate us. Today is truly a sad day. Wake up America..

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
In all seriousness, the real Dark side is upon us- those who believe political gain is of more importance than human lives. I'll be saying a prayer tonight for all those children in New York that lost a mommy or a daddy today.:(

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
My prayers will also be said. When you think things are really bad in your life it is then that you need to look around.
Who's up for a desert ride to Afganistan, I'm thinking the dark side and the 2 strokes can band together and do some heel clickers over some camps out there!
If not Afgan, how about another Phelon ride? Anyone up for another single track get together? Let me know
Elk

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
elk.
Days like yesterday certainly put things into perspective, don't they?

Check the post by ktmboy on the places to ride forum. (Ridges above 138/15)

Sounds like a great idea to me.

The Ol' curmudgeon.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom